How to Run a Chop Shop is our live blog series on running ChoppingBlocks.com, an existing site that was purchased in March of 2015. Our aim is to attempt to blog each and every day, to give a real, eye on the ground look at life running a part-time ecommerce site. Both Mike and Grant currently run other businesses as well, so this is a real example of using a few hours each day to bootstrap a business from the ground up.
We encourage you to follow along, participate and comment, especially if you are a new business owner as well!
- Day 1: Starting a New Ecommerce Site
- Day 2: Dropship 101 and Fulfilling Orders
- Day 3: Keep Store Costs Low by Using Free Services
- Day 4: Why We Picked Shopify Over BigCommerce for Our Store
- Day 5: How to Migrate from Miva Merchant to Shopify
- Day 6: Why Phone Numbers Matter for Ecommerce Sites
- Day 7: Digging Ditches, the Not So Glamorous Ecommerce Life
- Day 8: Soft Launching of our Store on Shopify