Hi, we are Grant and Mike.
Our first venture into ecommerce was in 2014 with Treadmill.com and we had no idea what we were doing. Mistakes were made (an understatement), but we still stumbled out ahead. Most importantly, we learned a heck of a lot about selling online.
Since then, we’ve took our hard earned lessons and applied them to our current businesses. We’re now well on the way to over
$1.4 million $2.5 million $3.3 million in sales a year across our four ecommerce businesses. Grant also is an active partner in a multi-unit franchise grossing over $1 million, so he understands the brick and mortar side of things as well.
Update 1/17: We are thrilled that we’re getting such a great response for our consulting services. Unfortunately Mike and Grant are both too busy with their own ecommerce businesses at the moment to offer help on the side. We understand this is disappointing and we wish we did have more time, as we find it rewarding to build up other businesses, but we don’t want to charge an astronomical hourly rate and we don’t want to lose focus on our own businesses as well. If you are still interested, please email us and we can put you on an interested-parties list for when we (hopefully) have more time available!
Hire us for Ecommerce Consulting
“Mike and Grant offer specific, practical advice that will directly impact your bottom line. They provided sound insight into selling one of my ecommerce businesses, and helped me figure out where to channel my efforts for maximum results in the other. I have a list of actionable recommendations to execute and added confidence knowing that I’m proceeding in the right direction.” -Dave Wilson, BettaWear.com
“Looking forward to letting you know in a few months how this goes. It was a great opportunity to be able to talk to two people that *get* how difficult and yet how addicting this is. Your advice on priorities and encouragement is exactly what I needed.” -Jackie Martin, OptionGray.com
With our experience, we’ve been contacted numerous times for consulting and we’ve found the experience enjoyable and enriching for all parties involved. As such, we offer advice on a paid basis for readers that are looking to get a personalized look at their existing (or under development) ecommerce business.
Our consulting rates and formats are as follows:
- $175/hr per person or $300/hr for both Grant and Mike
- Minimum 4 total hours of consultation (must be used in 1 hour blocks), paid in advance
- Consultation to be over phone or Skype
- As we run our own businesses, please allow schedule flexibility
- We do not sign NDAs
- Prior to working with you, we can have a quick 15 minute call to discuss your needs and if our services are a good fit. Please note we will not offer any guidance or strategy discussion during this call.
To get started, please send an email to [email protected] and we will get back to you.
We want you want to make the most effective time from a consulting session, so here are the top reasons you would want to enlist our help:
- You’re a brick and mortar and need a game plan for transitioning to selling online
- You’re need expert advice on what ecommerce platform (Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, etc) we recommend along with inventory management system to use
- You’re a growing online store and that is pushing the boundaries of your business and need to know how to take it to the next level
- You are already selling online and need a comprehensive marketing plan
- You’re looking at acquiring or buying an existing ecommerce business and want to know if it’s a good investment (take a look at our Valuation Service here)
That said, not only is our time valuable, but so is yours. Here some reasons why we wouldn’t recommend you hire us:
- If you need a website built (we could, but we would charge our going rate for all contracted work).
- You’re on the fence about ecommerce (only you can make that decision)
- You want us to be a buyer and source products (this is your job)
- You want to know about our own SEO tactics (we can help you, but we don’t share ours)
- You want free advice… unfortunate, but true. Respect our time, we are business owners like you.
Here’s our specific areas of expertise for the both of us and what we each bring to the table.
The biggest mistake I always see are owners spending too much money building a “beautiful” website, paying for over priced traffic and wondering why their traffic fails to convert. My strategy is two fold: bring in the right type of traffic by a long-term organic search strategy and monetize that traffic using data driven best practices for conversion rate optimization. My life has revolved around SEO since 2001 and in my previous life in the gaming industry, I generated well into the eight-figures in revenue for my clients through pure SEO.
- SEO, Search Engine Optimization, Pagespeed Optimization (Prime Focus)
- PPC (Google Adwords, Google Shopping, Bing)
- Conversion Rate Optimization, Split Testing (Optimizely, CrazyEgg, Hotjar, Inspectlet)
- Ecommerce ERP and Inventory Management (Skubana, Stitch, Sellbrite)
- BigCommerce and Shopify Customization,Development and Migration
- Analytics and Assesment (Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools,
- Data Feeds
I believe that almost any business is infinitely marketable via Facebook ads and email marketing. Our own campaign on Facebook will be close to generating seven figures in business on ColorIt.com alone, which launched just recently in 2015. Social media is a very big pool and it’s important to know how to niche down to the exact audience that will be receptive to your message, while keeping up the pressure until the message finally gets through. It’s very possible to achieve triple digit ROI campaigns on Facebook just by knowing the right buttons to press.
If you are looking to get on Amazon or increase your Amazon efforts, I’m very experienced in sourcing, page optimization, promotion and using tools such as Vendor Central. I’ve been able to build listings that have performed well enough that I am now exclusively managing listings for vendors looking to sell more on Amazon.
- Social Media and Facebook Marketing (Prime Focus)
- Email Marketing (Klayvio)
- Remarketing (AdEspresso)
- Amazon and Amazon FBA
- Conversion Rate Optimization (Inspectlet)
- Product Sourcing